[jifty-devel] Template::Declare now (partiallly) supports XUL and custom XML dialects

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Thu Aug 9 11:49:15 EDT 2007

On 8/9/07, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> use Template::Declare::Tags 'HTML' => { namespace => 'html' }; #
> behind the scenes creates the html:: pseudopackage and imports
> Template::Declare::TagSet::HTML into it
>
>         html::p{ 'hello' };

I like it, but I'm concerned about the extra namespaces resulting in issues
in some places. The import() method would obviously need to croak if "html"
was already a package or anything else that would cause a conflict. I would
be a little more comfortable if there was an additional mapping for the
package name too:

    use Template::Declare::Tags 'HTML' => { namespace => 'html', package =>
'MyHTMLTags' };

    MyHTMLTags::p { 'hello' };

still outputs:

Cheers,