[jifty-devel] MySQL: Transparent reconnect

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 8 13:36:31 EDT 2006

So,

It makes me a little twitchy to start setting environment variables
to get somewhat sketchy side-effects out of them. But I agree that
there ought to be a way to get what you want. So, I've just
refactored Jifty::DBI to allow you to stuff arbitrary arguments into
the database driver connect hash, right next to "database" "user"
"password" and "sid".  This will be in the next release of Jifty::DBI
(and in svn as soon as I push.

How's that sound?

Jesse