[jifty-devel] The Test::Builder hack

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Fri Nov 3 16:04:23 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 15:52 -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> I thought that I was simply patching the hack, not actually responsible
> for it.

It *was* patching the hack -- the hack was having to use Test::Builder
at all.  Without including Test::Builder, the connection somehow didn't
close on a 302 redirect.  Including Test::Builder somehow fixed that (I
have no idea what made us try that in the first place) but clobbered
__DIE__.  r1243 was patching to fix the DIE problem.

> (Also, were there such handlers at r1243? if so, that's a pretty good
> rationale for believing that the code is no longer needed)

__DIE__ seems to show up in the same places now as it did then.
 - Alex