[jifty-devel] plugin localization

Agostini yves agostini at univ-metz.fr
Thu Nov 2 09:30:45 EST 2006

I will commit my changes on login plugin localization.
It's very simple, I only change "strings" with _("strings"), or <%
_("strings") %> on web templates.

However, I have a problem. Actually, in my debian packages, I put po
files in Jifty/Plugin/Login/po
and I copy po files in my TestApp/share/po
It works but it's not very elegant :(

Well I suggest that in a first time I commit localized plugin without po
files. They can be easily create with "jifty po --language=xx"

In a second time, find a good solution for loading plugin po files.

Do you think that "Jifty/Plugin/Login/po" is a good place for this
files ?
If you are ok, I will change I18N.pm to load path like :
Jifty->config->framework('L10N')->{'DefaultPoDir'}.'../Plugin/'.
pluginname .'po/' ( beurk )
I don't know actually how DefaultPoDir is set and how to load the list
of plugins.

Thanks for your comments,

Yves