[jifty-devel] Re: [Jifty-commit] r2031 - wifty/trunk/etc

Henry Baragar Henry.Baragar at instantiated.ca
Thu Nov 2 09:25:23 EST 2006

On Thursday, October 19 2006 05:40 pm, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 05:37:28PM -0400, Henry Baragar wrote:
> > On Thursday, October 19 2006 03:55 pm, Nelson Elhage wrote:
> > > Also, for things like this, you can use the site_config.yml file, also
> > > located in the etc/ directory -- any configuration options located
> > > there will override ones set in config.yml, so you can have custom
> > > local setups without worrying about accidentally committing them.
> >
> > Does this feature exist in version 0.609120, or just in svn?
>
> It goes all the way back past .051225 ;) Back to when I had jury duty
> sometime during the summer of '05.

Now that I am back from OOPSLA (where I heard the first half of Audrey's
talk), I have had time to investigate this.

I found the documentation in Jifty::Config, but not in etc/config.yml.

I propose that the following lines be added to the distributed etc/config.yml
file:

  SiteConfig: etc/site_config.yml
  TestConfig: etc/test_config.yml
  VendorConfig: etc/vendor_config.yml

That way, other Jifty newbies can avoid the couple of hours I spent trying to
figure out if this feature is present and how to use it.

Regards,
Henry