[jifty-devel] Column naming oddness for refers_to() in Jifty::DBI

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri May 19 13:05:02 EDT 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 01:00:39PM -0400, Sean E. Millichamp wrote:
> After much trial and error I have seen a behavior in Jifty::DBI which
> seems... odd.  I'm not sure if it is a bug or expected/required and just
> needs to be documented.

It needs to be documented. What happened was that we built a rather
large application and named all our foreign keys as _id. And discovered
that it really didn't make any sense to  be reading code like:

$foo->user_id->name

_At the time_, it mae a lot of sense that $foo->user_id should get you
the literal id and $foo->user should get you the object itself.

Does that make any sense at all?