[jifty-devel] db relations

Michael Gee gee.24 at osu.edu
Fri May 12 15:02:09 EDT 2006

Hi list,

Could someone please give me a quick pointer in how to setup some
table relationships with the DB schema.  For instance a column that
holds a foreign key (a primary index in another table).  I'd like to
set up some HAS_A & HAS_MANY relationships.

I see a note about the method: refers_to() in the docs, but I'd track
down the usage of that method, or where in my code I would call it.

Thanks

Regarding my message from yesterday:

I made one small change to my copy of Jifty::DBI::SchemaGenerator to
specify default values for columns other than 'text':

         push @cols,
             DBIx::DBSchema::Column->new(
             {   name     => $column->name,
                 type     => $column->type,
                 null     => $column->mandatory ? 0 : 1,
                 ( $column->type eq 'text'
                     ? ()
                     : (default  => $column->default)
                 ),
             }
             );

I make no claims that this correct or complete in general, but it
works for me.

--
Michael Gee
Learning Technology Developer