[jifty-devel] upload fields again

Bart Bunting bart at bunting.net.au
Sat Mar 11 19:44:33 EST 2006

Hi again,

Now that I've finally got my setup working :) I'm full of questions.

I'm trying to create a file upload field which stores the file in the
database.

I have the field rendering as an upload field and it defined as a blob in
the database.  However all that appears to get stored in the database is the
original path of the uploaded file.

Is there something I'm missing about how upload fields work?

Also do I need to encode the file in some way before it goes into the
database or does this get taken care of?

Thanks again

Bart