[jifty-devel] Rendering cleanups for XHTML 1.0 Strict compliance

Sean E. Millichamp sean at enertronllc.com
Fri Jun 23 09:18:42 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 18:38 -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> Sorry for everyone jumping on you like that.  I think I speak for
> everybody in the jiftyverse when I say that the goal of XHTML compliance
> is a good one and that I really appreciate your work on that front. I
> think the core of the issue is the "added divs change rendering" thing
> that tom mentioned.  Mostly, I just listen to Tom on this stuff. When I
> started doing web layout, the hot, modern thing was to use tables to
> place elements.  Tom's much more on the ball about modern web design
> practices than I am ;)

Hehe, not a problem.  I would have been a little surprised if I hadn't
heard any feed back on the patches.  You folks at BP do Perl web app
development for a living (and I don't) so will always welcome any
constructive feedback as an opportunity to learn.

I will be happy go along with whatever Tom decides makes sense.  If he
wants me to back the div/span one out, I'll do that.  If he has
suggestions on ways those could both be XHTML compliant and not disturb
rendering, I can pursue that.  I'm flexible, just let me know.

Standards compliance is a good thing, but not if it gets in the way of
doing something that Just Makes Sense (like the autocomplete="off"
attribute).

Sean

--
 Sean E. Millichamp, Enertron LLC, 586-757-1200 x102