[jifty-devel] Apparent pop-up calendar & tabbing interaction problem

Sean E. Millichamp sean at bruenor.org
Sun Jul 30 17:19:46 EDT 2006

I have a form that ends up scrolling to about two screenworths of
fields.  About midway down the page are two date fields.

If I am trying to do data entry entirely from keyboard (tabbing between
fields), I get odd behavior with tabbing out of the first date field.
The calendar pop-up seems to end up "resetting" the tabbing order to the
first tab-able object on the screen.  This is with Firefox 1.5.0.4 on
Linux.

Overall, I like the new calendar much better then the original one, but
it seems to get more in the way and is not so easy to dismiss for a
keyboard-only data entry format (which is considerably more useful for
entering dates in the distant past such as birth dates).  I also had
some AJAX canonicalization troubles where it would sometimes not
canonicalize the date when one was typed manually and I either clicked
out of or tried to tab out of the date field.  Sometimes it did
canonicalize.

I am afraid that this seems to be all JS stuff which is beyond my ken at
the moment, so reporting it is the best I can do for now.

Sean