[jifty-devel] Rrror: Can't locate object method "port" via package "Jifty::Server"

Sean E. Millichamp sean at enertronllc.com
Fri Jan 20 21:08:46 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 15:21 -0500, Sean E. Millichamp wrote:

> Any chance one of the many modules Jifty depends on got an update which
> is causing this?

Well, by using -MModule::Versions::Report and a bit of persistence I
have figured out what my problem was.

The culprit was YAML.  The working machine had the Fedora Core 4
"perl-YAML-0.39-2" RPM supplying the YAML dependency at v0.39.  The
non-working machines had the latest YAML, v0.52, pulled from CPAN.  I
have no idea why that would cause the error I was getting but I'm just
glad I know how to solve it now.

Thanks to Jesse for pointing me in the right direction...

Sean

--
 Sean E. Millichamp, Enertron LLC, 586-757-1200 x102