[jifty-devel] Rrror: Can't locate object method "port" via package "Jifty::Server"

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Jan 20 15:48:54 EST 2006

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 03:21:44PM -0500, Sean E. Millichamp wrote:

> Now, interestingly enough, I have a 3rd Fedora Core 4 machine which I
> have gotten to the AJAX part of the tutorial on (where I got stopped by
> another, presumably unrelated, error but haven't pursued it yet).  This
> machine had the Jifty dependencies installed a few days prior sometime
> last weekend.
>
> Any chance one of the many modules Jifty depends on got an update which
> is causing this?

A very good chance. (I've got a developer earmarked for February to help
us build tools to make this not happen in the future. Try using the tip
from my last message to compare the two different instances.
(Incidentally, does Jifty pass its tests on the "broken" hosts? If so,
then I need to have a chat with our test suite.)