[jifty-devel] Rrror: Can't locate object method "port" via package "Jifty::Server"

Sean E. Millichamp sean at enertronllc.com
Fri Jan 20 15:21:44 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 22:13 -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> > [MyWebLog]$ ./bin/jifty server
> > Can't locate object method "port" via package "Jifty::Server" at
> > bin/../../Jifty/lib/Jifty/Server.pm line 111, <DATA> line 16.
>
> That seems..really weird. Can you put up a tarball of your test app?

I have reproduced this on another Fedora Core 4 machine.  On both
systems a lot (easily dozens) of packages were pulled in from CPAN to
satisfy Jifty dependencies in the last 2 days or so.  This is both by
redoing the tutorial from scratch as well as using the app framework
generated on the first machine where I was seeing the error.  I've also
tested both with the Jifty tarball and SVN.

Now, interestingly enough, I have a 3rd Fedora Core 4 machine which I
have gotten to the AJAX part of the tutorial on (where I got stopped by
another, presumably unrelated, error but haven't pursued it yet).  This
machine had the Jifty dependencies installed a few days prior sometime
last weekend.

Any chance one of the many modules Jifty depends on got an update which
is causing this?

Sean

--
 Sean E. Millichamp, Enertron LLC, 586-757-1200 x102