[jifty-devel] Re: [Jifty-commit] r505 -

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Sun Jan 15 23:34:39 EST 2006

Jesse Vincent wrote:
>>>+++ jifty/trunk/lib/Jifty/Script/Schema.pm	Sat Jan 14 13:25:14 2006
>>>+    $connect_args{'database'} = 'mysql' if ( $driver eq 'mysql' );
>>
>>This causes the connect to fail if the user/pass specified in
>>etc/config.yml doesn't have access to the 'mysql' table, which is often
>>the case.
>>
>>If you remove the line above that's been added, mysql then seems to work
>>with Jifty (well, at the very least 'jifty schema --setup' works).
>>

> Huh. It didn't do the right thing for the create for me. Are you
> creating the DB by hand?

Oops.  Yeah, I did create it by hand.  But dropping the database and
then having jifty try to create it still fails on the connect because of
permissions.  I just did a quick test and changing it to

     $connect_args{'database'} = '' if ( $driver eq 'mysql' );

instead should fix the problem with permissions.

Tom