[jifty-devel] install problem?

Anton Berezin tobez at tobez.org
Sun Jan 8 11:38:37 EST 2006

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 10:28:57AM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> > The problem, it turns out, is that we're using a symlink (if you look at
> > that file, you'll see it), but svn doesn't support svk style symlinks.
> > digging into it.
>
> Ah. no. The problem is that SVN 1.0 doesn't support symlinks. Update to
> 1.1 and  you should be set.

It still leaves the problem of the CPAN distribution, no?  When I made a
FreeBSD port of Jifty, I got this error during testing phase.  I just
manually created the directory, ran the tests again, made sure they
pass, then finished up with the port.  When port users install it, no
tests are run - since I did it for them.  :-)

So you guys possibly need to take care of it (by creating a symlink, or
whatnot) when rolling the distribution tarball, no?

Cheers,
\Anton.
--
An undefined problem has an infinite number of solutions.
-- Robert A. Humphrey