[jifty-devel] Can't locate object method "new" via package "Jifty::Config"

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Wed Feb 22 00:57:53 EST 2006

Greetings,

I'm very impressed on what Jesse V's done with this - finally a
framework that focuses around Mason!  And a focus on AJAX to boot!  I'm
a big fan of his!

Any way, I've gotten Jifty installed and everything, but now when I run:

jifty model --name Post

from the tutorial, I get the following error message:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "Jifty::Config" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/Jifty.pm line 105.

I think I've narrowed it down to something in the Jifty::Everything file
because it moves on to a different file when I explicitly set "use
Jifty::Config" in Jifty.pm.  I promise, I'm going to try to do what I
can to learn the internals so I can help more down the road, but if
anyone has any pointers on where I should start to get this working so I
can get a head start I'd certainly appreciate it!

Thanks again,

Jesse S. (the "other" Jesse)

(PS - hey, once I get the hang of this, maybe I should add to the mix of
Jesses and write my own framework!) ;-)