[jifty-devel] Is there any plan on supporting another template in Jifty devs?

C.G. LEE yuand2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 00:48:29 EST 2006

On 12/29/06, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 05:16:22AM -0500, C.G. LEE wrote:
> > Hi, all
> >
> > I'm considering about an XML client on desktop. As you know, MVC is very
> > common whenever we do something on GUI programs.
> Then,  say  GTK,  there's
> > no brain in its  MVC; simply callbacks.
> >
> > Jifty's MVC looks smarter, but it's strongly focusing on server side and
> has
> > picked up the Mason as template.
> >
> > Mind boggling ^^; between Java and GTK/perl. If I choose the latter, I'd
> > like to use Jifty's MVC. So, I'm asking if Jifty devs has any plan on
> > desktop in a short or long run.
>
> In the long run, I'd like to get there. We've also been playing with
> Template::Declare, but still targeting running in a browser. If you're
> interested in working on Desktop Jifty, what sort of widget
> set/templating system would be ideal?

I've not yet gotten to Template::Declare so that I can't mention it. I'm
just swimming on the javascript and continuation of Jifty and ready to dive
there man~

It depends on how deep Jifty would dip its hands into desktop. Anyway, most
basic step may be to add or strengthen Event. Jifty's dispatcher now can
touch the Action, Model, and Template. In general, GUI's callback is tied up
with event, and the callback of GUI corresponds to the action of Jifty, then
what about event?

Here, I think, Jifty upgrades Event to the same level with the Action,
Model, and Template, and then controls the Event with the others. This could
be a steady step forward to desktop.

> Well, I've already started off my community's homepage renewal with Jifty.
> > love admin mode and dispatcher but not editinplace though.
>
> Meaning that it doesn't work well for you or you don't like it?

EditInPlace works well. It was just my personal... Never mind!