[jifty-devel] Is there any plan on supporting another template in Jifty devs?

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 29 13:32:33 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 05:16:22AM -0500, C.G. LEE wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I'm considering about an XML client on desktop. As you know, MVC is very
> common whenever we do something on GUI programs. Then,  say  GTK,  there's
> no brain in its  MVC; simply callbacks.
>
> Jifty's MVC looks smarter, but it's strongly focusing on server side and has
> picked up the Mason as template.
>
> Mind boggling ^^; between Java and GTK/perl. If I choose the latter, I'd
> like to use Jifty's MVC. So, I'm asking if Jifty devs has any plan on
> desktop in a short or long run.

In the long run, I'd like to get there. We've also been playing with
Template::Declare, but still targeting running in a browser. If you're
interested in working on Desktop Jifty, what sort of widget
set/templating system would be ideal?

> Well, I've already started off my community's homepage renewal with Jifty. I
> love admin mode and dispatcher but not editinplace though.

Meaning that it doesn't work well for you or you don't like it?