[jifty-devel] Status of Jifty's ODBC support

Agent Zhang agentzh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 05:35:42 EST 2006

Hi, all~

I talked to Audrey tonight on #jifty about Jifty's ODBC support. She's
committed a patch to Jifty::DBI which makes Jifty::DBI::Handle to
construct the correct DSN for the ODBC driver and also allows me to
"connect" to the ODBC data source pointed to a MS Access database.
(I'll tell you what I actually mean by the word "connect" later.)

However, "jifty schema --setup" crashes completely on my machine. Yes,
the whole perl.exe process crashes and pops up a dialog window asking
me if I want to submit an error report via web. And this command
doesn't have a chance to output anything before the crash. Oh well...

Yes, I said at the beginning that it did "connect" to the database.
That's because my debugging code around the DBI->connect method call
in Jifty::DBI::Handle *has* produced outputs.

In order to test my ODBC data source itself, I've used plain DBI to
create some trivial tables to the Access database which the same DNS
points to. Yes, plain DBI works, but not Jifty::DBI. So I figure it's
not a problem on my side.

Hope this helps. :)

Cheers,
Agent