[jifty-devel] Re: Table join and "order by" a column of an external table

Agent Zhang agentzh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 03:30:45 EST 2006

On 12/12/06, Agent Zhang <agentzh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jifty::DBI::Collection generated something very weird for the "order by" clause:
>
>     ORDER BY main.session_offset ASC, sessions_1.min(begin_time) DESC
>
> And my PostgreSQL reported: 'ERROR:  schema "sessions_1" does not
> exist'. Oh well...I'm guessing the problem is that begin_time is not a
> column of the current table.

I think I should add that the same piece of code works great for
SQLite (yes, again!). Hence it's  probably specific to PostgreSQL's
Jifty::DBI handle (I'm not sure though). Could anyone fix that for me?

SQLite is cute but it's terribly slow for big amount of data, MySQL
can't play with Jifty at all right now, and I also have no luck to try
out ODBC+Access for Jifty...alas...

Thanks,
Agent