[jifty-devel] Jifty fails to work with MySQL 4.1?

Agent Zhang agentzh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 22:22:18 EST 2006

Hello,

The SQL statements generated by Jifty is not compatible with MySQL 4.1?

My models worked fine with SQLite, but when I switched to MySQL, it
really really hurt:

    E:\agent\projects\Qooqle>jifty schema --setup
    INFO - Generating SQL for application Qooqle...
    INFO - Using Qooqle::Model::QQUser
    INFO - Using Qooqle::Model::Message
    INFO - Using Qooqle::Model::Session
    INFO - Using Jifty::Model::Session
    INFO - Using Jifty::Model::Metadata
    WARN - Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
at E:/Perl/site
    /lib/IPC/PubSub/Cache/JiftyDBI/Stash.pm line 11.
    WARN - DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your
SQL syntax; chec
    k the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax
    to use near 'NULL  ,
      val blob NULL  ,
      expiry int NULL  ,
      PRIMARY KEY (id)
    )' at line 3 at E:/Perl/site/lib/Jifty/DBI/Handle.pm line 485.
    WARN - Jifty::DBI::Handle::mysql=HASH(0x3be27c4) couldn't execute
the query 'CRE
    ATE TABLE _jifty_pubsub_items (
      id INTEGER NOT NULL  AUTO_INCREMENT,
      key text NULL  ,
      val blob NULL  ,
      expiry int NULL  ,
      PRIMARY KEY (id)
    )
    ' at E:/Perl/site/lib/Jifty/DBI/Handle.pm line 501.
    INFO - Set up version v0.0.1, jifty version 0.611230_100

I think I'm already at the svn head of Jifty and Jifty::DBI.

Thank you in advance. :)

Cheers,
Agent