[jifty-devel] How to upgrade Jifty on Win32.

Ishigaki Kenichi ishigaki at tcool.org
Mon Dec 4 23:29:37 EST 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:59:59 -0500, C.G. LEE wrote:
>Absolutely you are right. I just guessed you are thinking so.(now I can be
>sure of that :) BUT, for the Windowers who want to follow(or just peer) the
>Jifty dev, the TCOOL has to provide some way IMHO because the TCOOL is the
>only explicit site in the Jifty homepage for Windows platform. I can't push
>you to do something though...

If you really want to try dev releases, I'd rather recommend to 'svn co' ;)
Some of the dependencies are surely tricky, but Jifty itself is pure perl.
So, after you installed the deps from ppm, grab nmake from Microsoft's
and 'svn up && perl Makefile.PL && nmake install' whenever you want.

>And for the not-so-complete plugins, do you mean the problem of
>Module::Install::Share in a few plugins? is it a problem of the
>Module::Install:Share or just Makefie.PL? I think it is just a kind of dummy
>at least until now. Do you have any others?

Not only 'install_share' without share dir, but lack of license, abstract,
tests, sometimes version among the others. In the short term, it doesn't
matter, but in the long run, ppm-installed incomplete plugins might be
a cause of annoyance. (ppm might say 'already been installed' later, when
the official releases with same version number are available.)

Kenichi