[jifty-devel] More documentation

Nelson Elhage nelhage at bestpractical.com
Mon Aug 28 10:35:35 EDT 2006

Good morning,

> I wrote down some of my experiences with jifty including some
> architectural and background information (currently not yet
> complete), but I think this could help others.

Awesome! Looks like a lot of useful information to help people get
started with Jifty.

> Are there already some suggestions from the people at bestpractical
> on how to organize the documentation on jifty.org?
>
> If interested, I would like to contribute my info into there, but I
> do not like to interfere the structure on my own without at least
> some discussion or advice...

So, jifty.org doesn't really have much structure right now -- it's a
bunch of information that we kinda threw together a while ago and
haven't really maintained. Its main purpose seems to give a brief
high-level intro of ``What the heck *is* this thing'', and then to
point people at svn or CPAN, where most of our documentation lives in
POD.

So, if you were to impose any sort of organizational structure on
documentation on Jifty.org, that'd be great. Additionally, a lot of
your information could probably be integrated into our POD (I assume
you've poked around Jifty::Manual::* -- if not, take a
look. Supplementing those files, and adding more, would seem to me a
decent place to add a lot of your docs).