[jifty-devel] questions about installation

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 04:07:58 EDT 2006

# from John Napiorkowski
# on Tuesday 25 April 2006 11:37 pm:

>But
>when I tried to install Mason I was prompted to
>install some modules for mod_perl1.x  Since I am
>running apache2 and mod_perl2 on this server already I
>tried to get mason to install with that but I can't.

I've been running mason under apache1 on sarge, but it looks like their
last libhtml-mason-perl package is able to coexist with apache2 (maybe
you should try that in a chroot to not break your system (see
debootstrap and dchroot.))  The sarge mod_perl2 is a bit of a headache
with some CPAN modules though.

That said, "cpan Jifty" gave me no trouble on sarge (and I didn't try
cpan on etch, but svn works there.)  In both cases, I'm just using the
standalone server thus far.

--Eric
--
"Insert random misquote here"