[jifty-devel] Ditching prototype and friends for JSAN

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Sat Apr 8 21:48:18 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Recently we've considered ditching the patchwork of Prototype,
Scriptaculous, Rico, Behaviour, and some other Javascript libraries in
Jifty.  In their place, we'd be plunking down modules from JSAN.  JSAN
(http://openjsan.org/) strives to be the CPAN we know and love, but for
Javascript.  With the possible exception of Scriptaculous and Rico,
everything should have a replacement.

Before we do anything though, we want to find out your opinions on if
this would be a good move or not, as well as how many of you this might
affect.

Tom