[jifty-devel] Login

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue Apr 4 13:34:07 EDT 2006

So, last night I checked out the Wifty source and started analyzing the
code, specifically looking at the Login stuff.  I just copied all of the
files over and s/Wifty/MyProject/g and it seems to work.  I'm going to
try and think of some way to generate most of the Action/*.pm code on
the fly, so that any app could inherit a base class just by having the
right Model defined and the right calls in the web/templates files.

There are a couple of things I couldn't figure out:

1) Where is the contents of the etc/config.yml documented?
Specifically, what options do Mailer: and MailerArgs: take?  I have
Postfix installed trivially (I'll get qmail up RSN), but I couldn't send
the activation e-mail (and I don't see anything [obvious] in the Postfix
logs).

2) I cannot figure out where the link to the app home page (top left
corner above the AppName banner) is defined, and hence cannot figure out
how to suppress it (since I already have HOME on the menu).

3) Speaking of the menu, how can I get it to extend to the right margin?
  Is there any hope of eventually being able to do this?

     $top->child( Post => url => "/logout",
                      label => "Log Out",
                      justify => "Right");

So far, so good.  I seem to understand where Jifty is going much more
than Catalyst...

John

--
John Peacock