[jifty-devel] omission in Makefile.PL

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat Apr 1 22:24:35 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 08:57:34PM +0200, Daniel McBrearty wrote:
> Thanks, I get that ... I was thinking more that if the code that generates
> the app has changed, might it not be out of sync with the app itself. But I
> just checked the date of /usr/bin/jifty and I see that it is still the same
> old one, it didn't change when I updated the code. So I guess that the
> generator stuff never or rarely changes?

We've gone to lengths to make sure that only the barest minimum of code
gets dumped into your modules with the generators. In the Jifty mindset,
template code is bad. Template code == Repeated code. And repeated code
leads to bitrot. And bitrot leads to headaches. And I don't know anybody
who likes headaches.

Jesse